WLM Business Club App Terms and Conditions
WOMEN LIKE ME APP: MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1 “MEMBER” means the person or company who is named on the Women Like Me Business Club App Application For a Membership form and for whom, following acceptance by Women Like Me Business with Rich Visions agreed to provide services to, in accordance with these terms.
- 2 “MEMBERSHIP” means the period of time when a Member is contracted when they sign up to the app.
- 3 “SPECIFIED SERVICE” means the service provided by the organisation and set out in the literature provided with these terms.
- 4 “APP” means Women Like Me Business Club App.
- 5 “MEMBERSHIP FEE” means the one-off payment made by the Member to cover yearly administration and membership costs.
- 7 “CONTRACT TERM” means the initial 12 month period from the date when the Full Member pays and completes the registration for membership form online/manually, and is then issued with an e-certificate.
- Agreement to these Terms
When applying for membership of the organisation, the Member confirms that he or she has read and agrees to be bound by this organisations’ Terms and Conditions. Upon membership being accepted, the Member will be provided with its own copy of the Organisation’s Terms and Conditions and they should be retained for future reference.
- Supply of the Specified Service
- 1 The Organisation shall provide the Specified Service to the Member subject to these terms.
- 2 The Organisation shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the Specified Service
within the advertised times.
- 3 The Organisation may at any time – without notifying the Members – make any changes to the
Specified Service which is necessary to comply with any safety or other statutory
requirements and/or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the Specified
- 4 Any other changes or additions to the Specified Service or to these Terms will be notified to the Member in writing in advance of those changes taking place.
- Contract Term and Payments
- 1 Registering for the APP is for an Initial Contract Term of 12 months from the date of signing the application form. A one-off non-refundable Registration Fee is due on that date.
- 2 Following the expiry of the Contract Term, Member’s will have the option to renew or cancel their membership.
- 3 All charges quoted to the Member for the provision of the Specified Service are inclusive of VAT, for which the Member is liable at the prevailing rate, and these must be paid without deduction or set-off.
- Warranties and Liability
- 1 The Organisation warrants to the Member that the Specified Service will be provided using reasonable care and skill as far as reasonably possible. Where the Organisation uses the service of any agent or a third party the Organisation does not give any warranty, guarantee or indemnity in that respect.
- 2 Except in cases of death or personal injury caused by the Organisation’s negligence, then they shall not be liable to the Member by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent or negligent) for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of the Organisation or its agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the Specified Service and the entire liability of the Organisation under or in connection with the Specified Service shall not exceed twice the amount of the Organisation’s charges for the provision of the Specified Service, except as expressly provided in these Terms. This warranty is in lieu of all other terms, conditions and warranties, expressed or implied statutory or otherwise and any other liabilities whatsoever and howsoever arising.
- 3 The Organisation shall not be liable to the Member or be deemed to be in breach of these Terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Organisation’s obligations in relation to the Specified Service, if the delay or failure is due to any cause beyond the Organisation’s reasonable control, and time shall not be of the essence.
- Termination of Membership
- 1 The Member may terminate the contract by giving 3 month’s written notice to the Organisation. However, the yearly Registration Fee is not refundable.
- 2 Either party may at any time terminate the contract by immediate written notice if the other commits any material breach of these terms or goes into liquidation, becomes bankrupt, makes a voluntary arrangement with its creditors or has a receiver or administrator appointed.
- 3 Upon termination of this contract for whatever reason, all sums owed by the Member to the Organisation shall become due and payable by the Member with immediate effect.
- 4 For the avoidance of doubt, if the Member breaches any of the terms of membership, the Membership Subscriptions Guarantee (clause 8) becomes null and void.
- Insolvency of Member
- 1 This clause applies in the following circumstances:
- 1.1 The Member makes a voluntary arrangement with its creditors or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) becomes subject to an administration order or goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction); or
- 1.2 An encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the Members; or
- 1.3 The Member ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business; or
- 1.4 The Organisation reasonably believes that any of the above events are about to happen and notifies the Member accordingly.
- 2 If this clause applies then, without limiting any other right or remedy available to the Organisation, the Organisation may cancel the Contract or suspend Membership, including access to its website and attendance at events notwithstanding any previous agreement or terms.
- Membership Subscriptions Guarantee (Full Members Only)
- 1 The Organisation wishes for members to receive a return on their investment many times over through full involvement in the Specified Services, however, the Member retains responsibility for making the very most of the many opportunities membership offers.
- 2 Any request for a refund must be submitted in writing to Women Like Me Business APP team for consideration, documenting their reason for a refund.
- 1 Notices to the Organisation are to be sent to the registered address. Notices to the Member will be sent to the address on the application form unless the Organisation is otherwise informed in writing.
- 2 No failure or delay by either party in exercising any of its rights under these terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right, and no waiver by either party of any breach of these terms by the other shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- 3 If any provision of these Terms is held by any court or other competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- 4 English law shall apply to this agreement, and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 5 Membership of the Organisation is corporate. All employees and representatives can enjoy the benefits of membership, including access to the Organisation’s website
- 6 Membership allows all a Member’s personnel to access certain areas of the Organisation’s website. This access will continue whilst payments are up to date. Should payments lapse, access may be suspended. If a Member decides to cancel Membership, access will stop.
- 7 The Organisation understands that email marketing is a useful tool, however, members are politely asked to keep email marketing to other members to a minimum and to include an ‘opt-out’ facility on every email. The Organisation reserves the right to suspend the Member’s access to the website in the event of complaints, and complaints would constitute a breach of these terms.
- 8 As a Member of the Organisation, the Member agrees to conduct themselves in a professional and business-like manner, treating other members with respect at all times. If the Organisation should receive a complaint about any Member’s behaviour, it reserves the right to suspend membership and a refund will not be granted. Such complaints would constitute a breach of these terms.
- 9 Membership of the Organisation is at the sole discretion of the Organisation and it reserves the right to refuse membership.
- Event Cancellation Policy
- 1 – Cancellation by us – Women Like Me Business Organisation reserves the right to modify the program of any event up to the day of the event.
If unforeseen circumstances cause Women Like Me Business Organisation to cancel an event, we shall inform you as soon as possible and arrange an alternative date/event in its place.
- 2 – Cancellation by you – If you wish to cancel a booking please note the following cancellation conditions:
- 3 – Paid Events:
• 48 hours or more prior to the event – 100% refund
• 48 hours or less prior to the event -no refund
Exceptions: if you wish Women Like Me Business Organisation to consider exceptional circumstances, email your designated event coordinator.
Please note that if you have to cancel your place at one Women Like Me Business Organisation event, it is impossible for Women Like Me Business Organisation to transfer your registration to another Women Like Me Business Organisation event. (At management’s discretion)
- 4 – No Charge Events: All events are costly to set up, even those which are ‘no charge’. If you book but find you are unable to attend, please let us know within 48 hours or more. We often hold waiting lists, and someone else could attend in your place.
This policy applies unless an event has a special cancellation policy. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to your designated event coordinator. Failure to inform us about the cancellation in 48 hours or more will result in a £20 administration fee. (At management’s discretion)
- 5 – By registering to attend an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.
- 1 – Women Like Me App does not become the owner of your posted content. Copyright law itself (according to the country where the images are reproduced or shared) is what governs the use of your Women Like Me App photos and other content by any third parties.